Name – Steve jobs
Born – 24 Feb ,1955 in Scan Francisco, California ( U.S. )
Died – 5 Oct , 2011 in Palo Alto , California ( U.S. )
Nationality – American
Field – Business , Technology , Innovator
Achievements – Man behind iPad , iPhone and many more innovative Apple products , Co- founder of Apple
1. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition
2. No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it.
3. For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something
4. My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.
5. Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.
6. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
7. Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything – all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.
8. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose . you are already naked.
9. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.
10. Things don’t have to change the world to be important.
11. Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them.
12. Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.
13. You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.
14. We hire people who want to make the best things in the world.
15. Now, we are selling over 5 million songs a day now. Isn’t that unbelievable? That’s 58 songs every second of every minute of every hour of every day.
16. It’s not a faith in technology. It’s faith in people.
17. A lot of companies have chosen to downsize, and maybe that was the right thing for them. We chose a different path. Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets.
18. Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me.
19. I think we’re having fun. I think our customers really like our products. And we’re always trying to do better.
20. To turn realy interesting ideas and fledgling technologies into a company that can continue to innovate for years , it requires a lot of disciplines.
21. I think money is a wonderful thing because it enables you to do things. It enables you to invest in ideas that don’t have a short-term payback.
22. Our goal is to make the best devices in the world, not to be the biggest.
23. Be a yardsticks of quality . Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected .
24. Stay hungry, stay foolish.
25. Death is very likely the single best invention of life .
26. Why join the navy if you can be a pirate ?
27. There is no reason not to follow your heart .
28. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.
29. When there is a problem , Older people sit down and ask, ‘What is it?’ but the boy asks, ‘What can I do with it?’.
30. I think everybody in this country should learn how to programme a computer because it teaches you how to “think”.